Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dog Parade Day!

Today was the 10th annual Krewe of Barkus and Meoux parade hosted by the Galveston Humane Society. (Although, be sure you follow the link using Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser because they've got some viruses showing up on their site...be careful!! Oh, and Firefox is free.)

From their brochure this year...,"During Hurricane Ike the Galveston Humane Society partnered with the Houston SPCA to organize rescue teams from across the country to help with feeding and watering 500 pets who were left in their homes, rescuing over 1800 animals, placing 450 in foster homes around the Houston area, and celebrating 400 happy reunions!" I think that is amazing what they did. The Humane Society relocated to the old police station on Avenue S and roughly 56th street for more room. They will happily take donations of money, food, or supplies. Last Monday a show aired on Animal Planet about the rescue work during Hurricane Ike. I wish I had known and I would have Tivo'ed it.

This years parade began at 27th street and went down seawall to 41st street. 13 blocks!! (then we had to walk back to the car!) Longer I think than last years. Our costume theme this year was sparkly bowties. :-) and excuse some of the pictures...I only had my iPhone with me to photograph with! I can't believe I forgot the camera this time!

If you scroll over each photo you can see my caption..

1 comment:

kch said...

This makes me miss all of you in the worst way!!!