Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day of School...

[Side note: I have pictures to download from my camera...because I ordered a battery charger...now I can't find the computer to camera download cord!!! If it's not one thing it's another! Hopefully it will turn up soon...]

So first day was pretty smooth for the most part...although I did have to kick some people out of my library this morning so I could have class!

They (being front office people, principals included) wanted to use my seating area of the library as a catch-all area for those people who needed further enrollment help (or something like that...hey, as long as I didn't have to supervise...fine, I don't care what'cha do).

So school starts...8:45 rolls around...table seating area is still full of parents, children, office personnel, and principals. Kindergarten is scheduled to come at 8:45. First day of school, first day of Kindergarten. They are late (of course) so I go get them, thinking to myself that maybe all the people will be out by 9:35 when 4th grade is scheduled to come in, and that it's okay because Kindergarten and I will stay over on the carpet and read our stories. And so we did. And I returned them to class (going to be one of those teachers!! grrr).

It's 9:30. All of my tables (and I have 9!!) contain people. I head toward Principal No. 1, she says, "Oh, you have a class coming." I say, "Yes." She says, "What time?" (thinking to myself, doesn't she know? didn't she make my schedule? duh!) I say, "At 9:35, which is in 5 minutes, and I need all of my seating because I'm presenting a PPT and doing an activity with 4th grade." They all promptly adjourn to the cafeteria. Score one for me! lol

Anyway, after that it was pretty smooth sailing. I have a couple of 'interesting' 3rd graders on Monday, but otherwise not to shabby. And I kinda like once-a-week lesson plans (not that I should be making them! incorrect library usage! I should not be a 'teacher' or teaching in isolation but...oh well...it pays the bills).

Some random cute animal pic's: Here is Pete in stalker kitty mode...and just chillin'.









And not to be outdone...Grace demolishing a stuffed toy:

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Don't let those teachers take advantage of you, Lady! I'll kick them! No, really, do you want me to come down and kick a few? I have a little pent up frustration from a boy that I thought I liked, then he came to visit, all very romantic, then he decided he just wanted to be friends. I truly hate men. So, yea, getting in a fight with a few teachers sounds kinda fun right now!! p.s. I miss you.