Tuesday, October 9, 2007

It's all about the Baklava...

What a long week and it's only Tuesday! Last night we had open house at school so it made for a really long Monday. Was there until 7:30! But it's always nice to see some of the parents...of course I've noticed that being in a special area (the library...because I rotate...hence I'm "special") I tend to only see the parents of the 'good children' and the ones who are 'the readers.' Oh well, I had at least a dozen sign in on the sheet and I wasn't making people sign in so I think that's pretty good. And then today was a faculty meeting, which I hope and pray will get shorter because meeting until 5 o'clock is crazy!! We start at 3:45! Too freakin' long! Esp. after being there so late the night before...grrr.

I'm feeling rather frustrated with the job because since the classes come to me in rotation I have like zero time to do any library administrative work, like order supplies, order books, delete old books from the system, process 'new' books that came from schools that closed, etc. Basically, I teach. All my time is spent lesson planning and teaching. I am not a librarian, I am a library teacher. Big difference.

Hubby has been nice tho and fixed dinner the past two nights! Yay! Thanks Warren! *hug* So, I guess tomorrow and Thursday will be my turn. :) And then we've decided that we've designated Friday evenings as 'date night' and we go out to eat somewhere on the island. That has been really nice and gives me something to look forward to during the week. I passed a restaurant today on my way home that I think we may have to try out Friday...last week we had Greek. Yummie...I miss my Greek restaurant in Denton, it's nice to find a good place here. It's all about the baklava. Gotta have me some dessert!

We had refrigerator problems last week! We have one that sort of came with the house and the top part of it stopped cooling! (it's one of those with the freezer in the bottom). So we let the landlords know because it's not our fridge and she sent over a guy to look at it. Although we all agreed that if it was too much to repair then we'd just move it out and move mine in. He said he'd have to check on a part and the price but when he looked at it he said that it had just frozen up...the blower from the freezer wasn't sending the cooler air up to the top..something was frozen somewhere. So, geniuses that we are, we decided to just unplug it and see if that fixed it (we moved our food to the garage fridge tho) and of course it did. So now we are still waiting for a price quote on a fridge that was easily fixed! Duh! No part needed!

No comments: