Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Mmmmm...cake! A specially made for me German Chocolate yummie goodness. :-)


Mom cooked it, Warren frosted it...I think he did a pretty good job!



So, Mom and Jake flew down to celebrate the no. 28 w/ me...I picked them up early on Saturday morning (up early on my b-day! not fair!) but we had a good time. Jake even weathered a stop by the shoe store, where Mom proceeded to out-do me and buy 3 pairs! I'm so excited for her tho b/c one of them are some cute heels! Go Mom!



Then we explored an antique store downtown, stopped at the fish market (you can see Jake over there scoping out the Octopus!! I think he was really curious about why anyone would want to eat octopi...I told him they were really good!) where we got some big shrimpies to grill for b-day dinner. Then we drug Warren away from his studies (two tests this week) to the Titanic Exhibit at Moody Gardens!! It was amazing to see all the stuff that they are able to salvage...like papers, clothing, etc. I can't believe that it has survived down there in the seawater, esp. for almost 100 years!

Next, we came home, W resumed studies, and we napped until time to fix dinner. Mmmm...shrimp.


Thanks for the birthday goodies and cards everyone! I am most excited about the Spa $$ that Warren gave me! I can't wait to schedule a massage...aaaaahhhhhh.



The next day found us at the beach! Grace even found a seashell! She is turning into quite the beach dog... here she is she even has her beach towel ready!

Then it wasn't too much longer before it was time to head back to the airport. It was a fun birthday! I'm glad I got to see Mom and Jake and go do some stuff... :-)

*hugs*
~klw

1 comment:

kch said...

All that shopping was so much fun! :) Where's the pic of those cute red shoes?? Mmmm...that shrimp! It was so relaxing to be there....I was so glad to get to see you & Warren! I love you both!! Big hugs! Only 3 weeks till spring break!