Monday, February 4, 2008

Krewe of Barkus and Meoux!!

Warren was a little bit skeptical when I told him that I'd signed him up too for the dog parade...but by the time we left yesterday he had to admit that it was so much fun! Last year on their site they stated that they had about 200 animals participate...I think they had waaay more this year! There were animals everywhere! There was the Krewe of Intensive Kitties (not really sick, but traveling on their float in a baby ICU container...think they work for UTMB?!?!), the Krewe of Quackus, too many various dogs to mention, and several ferrets, and at least one parrot!! I haven't figured out how to caption pictures on here; so here is a series of some of the ones I just mentioned...

They had their little windows open some so they had some air...











Next we have our bird representatives...oh, and the parrot was traveling in style on his person's Segway...





Check out some of the cool dogs above...the very flashy and overdressed, the green (be sure to look at her jeans and hands!!!!!), and the small captain of his own ship! ha


And of course the star of the parade...the Princess Grace. (and me!)
Yay! We had so much fun! Warren said it was like I was famous because alot of my kids were there..so I tried to save my beads to give to just the students that I knew...I mean I do have like 630!! I bet we saw maybe 20ish :-)
Anyway, we stole some ideas for next year...like going and buying bags of beads...and who knows?? maybe Grace will go pink?!?!

3 comments:

kch said...

Awwww....Gracie is so cute in her purple and green! Love your eyelashes and red heart! :)

Natalie Weaver said...

You and Gracie look so pretty!!! So sweet.

kch said...

I think you and Grace need tiaras!