Sunday, September 21, 2008

DO NOT go to Houston or Beaumont!!!!

This was the signage on the electronic highways signs (ya know, the ones they use for the amber alerts) leaving Dallas on 45 & 35 "Do Not go to Houston/Beaumont! Limited Fuel!"

I'm thinking, OMG!, I don't have a choice! I MUST go! I want my stuff! If there's any left!

We had fun keeping Olivia yesterday and enjoyed the Plano Balloon Festival. I would post pictures of it but I'm really tired and worn-out and don't really feel like messing with it. Eventually I'll put a slideshow on my MySpace, b/c I'll need to clean off my xD card to take a zillion pictures this coming week.

Here is the new plan...We are currently in Temple, TX...on I-35 between Waco and Austin staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. We have a double bed room, all that was available. We went and bought a tiny fridge for the room, none of those rooms were open either. Warren begins/finishes out his surgery roation here which begins tomorrow, 8 a.m. & will go for 4 weeks.

Wednesday the island opens up again.

I'm rounding up Mom & Aunt Lisa & Lori to go invade on Wednesday. Mom & I will go stay with cousins Cheryl & Mark who live in Houston area. L&L will come down later...maybe Thursday after we assess the damage. We will try to take out all the stuff (good or bad). I talked to my landlord today and she is hot to trot to begin repair work on our house. She was concerned if we would be returning to Galveston! I told her that Warren would be up here for a while, but that I would be back whenever GISD decided to open the doors and would therefore need a place to stay. She is thinking she will have our house whipped back into shape in 3-4 weeks. I think that would be a mircle in itself! We'll see if that happens.

Tomorrow I have to deal with getting a brake light fixed, a minor amount of laundry (Wanda washed almost all, but I want to wash what we wore yesterday and a few things that I hadn't sorted out for her to wash) and file a claim with State Farm because my passenger side mirror on my car got smacked off my some damn politician sign that flew out of a U-Haul today driving down the road!! Just one more thing to deal with! Like I have time for that! Grrr...

I guess that's all for now, Warren is enthralled by the Cowboys game and I am getting sleepy...thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and for any items that you contributed to us for the clean up of our home!

No comments: