Thursday, January 22, 2009

GISD Update

Over the past week and a half there have been Board meetings and stuff going on...here is the breakdown of what is going to happen as far as a RIF is concerned over the course of the next few months:

Currently there is a voluntary RIF incentive going on. The district needs 220 people to go with it broken down by catagory...my catagory in Curriculum & Instruction under "Librarian" needs 3 of us to go. Well, let me re-phrase that...the maximum amount of librarians that can leave and still get the incintive pay is 3.

The incentive amount is a percentage of your salary based upon how long you have been in the district. See below:
1 to 5 years - 1%
6 to 10 years - 3%
11 to 15 years - 5%
16 to 20 years - 7%
20+ years - 10%

Yep that's right....1%.....I think that's like $500 MAYbe. So of course I'm not going to opt out. If I opt out then I for sure don't have a job, but have only a little bit of money as cushion. If I wait and get RIFed then I could at least draw unemployment and THEN look for another job (well I'll still be looking anyways). If I don't get RIFed then I'm still going to be in some other job with GISD. It's just a drag not knowing...

...RETIRE ya'll!!! :) You can have your job back in a year!!

No comments: