Thursday, January 29, 2009

Jury Duty!!!

(Previously, on Jan 23rd, I wrote the following...) I've been summoned!!! When I got home from xmas break, not only did we find a mouse, I also received a jury summons.

My first one!!!

I've never been in before...I have a theory going that it's because I've moved around alot and somehow got lucky in Denton that I wasn't ever selected.

(Now, present day...)Anyway, back to the post I was writing...just go to http://www.galvnews.com/ to see the big, ginormous deal case that I was summoned for...it's the Baby Grace case that is all over the news and headlines on today's front page. Thank goodness I didn't get picked cause I already think they are guilty, guilty, guilty.

So, jury duty was fun and interesting and there were a whole courtroom full of people that were pulled in for possible jurors. I got there around 8:30ish and went and sat by a sweet little old lady reading a book, which she prompty gave to me when she finished it!! I also was given a piece of gum by another nice lady in line while we were waiting to check in. People are so nice! :) Maybe it's because we all envisioned being there with each other forever while the selection went on. It was funny too because everyone there was trying to avoid eye contact with everyone else. Don't Pick Me might as well have been tattooed on everyone's forehead!

And there was some lawyerish looking guy there who seemed to be trying to get a feel for people as we all came in...I thought he might be on the lookout for potential jurors so I tried not to look at him.

Eventually the judge came in and told us we had been polled for that case because it was such a high profile case and he wanted to make sure that they had enough people to choose from, yadda yadda yadda, ya'll are dismissed and are free to go until your next summons. Yay! Score! I left by like 9:30 a.m. with a work excuse note that says I was there from 8-1! :D

So I piddled around Galveston, got my oil changed, car inspected, waiting until Warren was off to go eat lunch with him then went home and laid around and read and played WoW. Jury Duty was great!

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Wow, this was so not my jury duty story in New York!! :)