Friday, April 17, 2009

This was my student...

The little girl in this obituary was one of my students last year. http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=bcec4c9c573776b0

I went by last night at family night to see them and it was so so so sad. I can't stop thinking about them. Please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers, she has two little twin sisters in first grade.

The obit doesn't say but it was a stomach cancer. It started out with flu-like symptoms and stomachaches and doctor's just thought it was a stomach virus that she didn't really get over and they didn't run blood work on her until Easter weekend and by then it had metastasized too quickly and they couldn't do anything.

She was such a wonderful little person with great spunk and personality. I'm just so sad for them.

1 comment:

Natalie Weaver said...

Oh darling, I'm so sorry. All encouraging thoughts and comforting wishes being sent your way. Love you.