Sunday, January 31, 2010

The meatloaf was excellent...& I'm not a meatloaf lover by any stretch of the imagination! Maybe it's so good because it's turkey? I fudged a bit on adding ketchup. While it is wonderful because it's practically calorie-free, ketchup is so ho-hum. So I mixed in a little bit of catalina salad dressing to give it a bit more zest and since that upped the calories then I just brushed it over the meat just enough to give it a coating and not like 1/2 inch thick. I also skipped adding any marinara as a garnish, just used a bit more of my secret ketchup/catalina mix instead.

The potatoes turned out good too. I mashed them with sour cream and added a little dill & garlic.

So, overall...not bad. I really like the flavors of the meatloaf dish and it gets in extra vitamins with the spinach mixed in. Yummie!

The recipe is here.

No comments: