Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pretty Lights!

Happy Holidays! I promised a picture of our X-mas lights...here they are thus far...We'll see if anymore get added on! Lights can be very addictive. Notice the nice 'glow' we have eminating from the tree (7 strings!! but it looks so cool). I photoed w/o the flash so you could get the night effect. :)

School is dragging along and I feel very swamped. I have all this library administrative stuff that never gets done b/c I have no time to do it! I'm feeling the frustration and am not very happy with the job. However I like the convenience of where it is located and the paycheck....only 2 more yrs to go. Maybe the schedule will get better next year. Let's hope.

There's not too much going on right now...planning a little Christmas shopping on Friday evening when we have our date night and then going to Dicken's on the Strand on Saturday. I think it will be really cool! Check out their site: http://www.galvestonhistory.com/Dickens_on_The_Strand.asp

The Christmas tree went up this past Sunday. Pete isn't sure what to make of it. He thinks that the tree skirt is his personal rug under the pretty lights. ha ha I also put his kitty tunnel behind the tree for more fun! lol So far he hasn't tried to climb it, but he does like to bite the branches occasionally! I hope he doesn't bite a light strand! He'd end up like the cat on National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation! Fried!

"How nice of her to put this lovely beaded rug under here for me, now if I could just figure out how to play with the beads....."


3 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

Pretty!! I love Christmas Lights!! I'm doing a little search to see if the Bronx Zoo does some kind of light show for the holidays... wouldn't that be fun?! xo

laura said...

My cat thought the exact same thing. "Wow,this is the best blanket ever..toys dangling, pretty lights, stuff to chew on."

kch said...

The lights look great! Love the tree! That sneaky Pete...the world revolves around him, doesn't it?