Sunday, September 30, 2007

Multi-task Knitting!

One of my WIPs (works in progress) are some Christmas gifts for a couple of favorite relatves (la la la pretend you don't see them if you read my blog!). I began one scarf and then decided that it was a waste of needle space to not go ahead and work them both at the same time! So I slid the green one off onto a stitch holder and worked the pink one until they were about the same size and then slid the green one back on. Now I'm knitting two scarves at once! Magic! Multi-task Knitting!

I like to call them hole-y scarves, but the actual name of the stitch I'm using is called the Faggot Stitch (which is apparently an old traditional lace stitch) and I found the pattern here: http://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/scarfcameofaggotst.htm

My Hole-y Scarf Recipe
Materials:
One Skein of Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels in Peridot and
One Skein of Yarn Bee Icelandic Jewels in Garnet (one skein per scarf)
(each skein is 129 yards and 3.5 oz. if that helps in finding similar yarnage)
(79% acrylic 16% nylon 5% polyester)
One pair of size 11 needles (mmm, I love my Takumi bamboo ones I'm using, from Clover)

Gauge: I'm still not very good at counting it but I think I'm getting about 2.5 per inch probably because I'm using size 11s instead of 10.5s. I knit really tightly so I wanted to go up a little to make the stiches a little larger.

Cast on 18 stitches.
Row 1: knit 1, yarn over, knit two together, repeat.
Repeat row 1 until almost out of yarn.
I think I might save enough to put some super big pom-pom's on the end!

2 comments:

Natalie Weaver said...

Ummmmmm... name of that stitch not very Politically Correct! We're going to have to write to the stitch creators!!

Still so sad about the box, said it was delivered to your doorstep on Sept 13th. Put in one of my very favorite books and everything. I think that mail carriers are trying to keep us from mailing to each other!!

Both scarves look great, Crafty Lady!! xoxoxo

kch said...

Is it "legal" to stitch two at the same time? LOL I'm just amazed at what you are doing!