Wednesday, June 25, 2008

'Driving' me crazy!

I've been at Mom's for almost a week! I swear we have crammed in as much visitin' and runnin' around as we most possibly can in the past 6 days.

I drove up last Thursday a day early because good friend's of ours, Donnas and DeWayne, her mother passed away and the funeral was set for Friday.

So Friday we drove up to Wilburton for the funeral at 2 pm, but before we got there we had to stop at the pajama store in McAlester to buy p.j.'s of course and had to eat the wonderful yummie italian food at Roseanna's. After the funeral we went on to the graveside services. On the way back from the funeral we stopped at Holli and Leslie's where Leslie has a carney wagon full of fireworks!! (see photo for evidence, he even accepts all major credit cards!). We spent the night @ d&d's and stayed up visiting with them. I know they are ready for a breather as they have been taking care of parents (both his and her side) for the past 8 years.

Saturday we drove home to mom's but stopped at an antique store in Atoka where I got a really cool mermaid (she's cast iron...heavy!) and a pulpit. Needless to say Warren thinks I am crazy. But someday when I have a kitchen to my liking I will have a cookbook stand/holder! Brilliant! Then we stopped at the local winery in Caney where mom and them all grew up and I got *almost* a case to help fill up our new wine fridge. Then we stopped at Vickie's will all intentions of seeing her daddy cause he isn't doing so well and I'd like to see him before he passes on. We finally made it to Mom's to change and get ready and then gathered up the rest of the family (everyone except Ashley, who was working, and Warren who is in Galveston studying) and drove back to Durant to see my friend Natalie perform A Night with Natalie Weaver. It was very sizzling with hott red shoes! Loved it! *Muah*

Sunday night we crashed and didn't move out of bed until early afternoon. TIRED! But then we drove down to Aunt Lisa's house to spend the night because we had a workshop just down the road @ SMU the next day...and her house is literally 15 min. down Mockingbird from SMU...so proximity was a must for getting ready and sleeping in! Our workshop was actually in the Methodist church and across from the parking lot was this sculpture...(this is my first video upload and you'll see why a still picture just wouldn't do it justice!)




Monday's workshop was so so...it was on primary source documents but really ended up focusing more on social studies and teaching stratagies not on finding primary sources. Oh well. 6 hrs of prof. dev. knocked out of the way. After the workshop we drove home, of course.

Tuesday we drove back up to Atoka to pick up the pulpit but before doing that we dropped off some stuff at mom's new job at Sam Rayburn (yay! so close!) and then went back by Vickie's to see Earl and had lunch with him. Then on up to Atoka and got the pulpit then stopped at D.C. & Delita's house and visited with them on our way home and then stopped at Vickie's fire work stand because she just had to see the pulpit I got! We finally make it home at some point.

Today, we drove to Greenville for our other workshop and it was all about different technology programs and websites, some we were familiar with and some we weren't. It was worth the 6 hrs...so nice! 12 hrs of PD out of the way! Waahoo! One less thing I have to do during the school year. Then on our way back home we stopped so I could make a pedicure appt. for tomorrow and then went to see Lindsey at her new job at the AT&T store. I added unlimited texting to our family plan (which right now is me, my mother, and my mother-in-law) and to ask questions about adding Warren to the plan.

As you can see...we are TRYING TO SAVE GAS by cramming in as much as possible!! Gad!

1 comment:

kch said...

Gad...this just wore me out all over again reading it! LOL ....and I really need to mow the yard, too!