Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A cool site, project, and snack...

Just a couple of random items....

1. Have you ever wondered how much you're supposed to tip the pizza guy? Just exactly what is the right amount? Then check out this cool website! (b/c there's a site for everything) Go Here: http://www.tipthepizzaguy.com/ Tip calculator is to the right..scroll down a tad. Totally came in handy for our Pizza Guy tonight! Thanks NY Pizzeria!


2. I came across a cool project the other day as I was surfing. It's to make a coffee filter rose. Follow the link and watch the video for it...So cool and OMG they look unbelievably real. Or if you are so inclined and can spare the $$ then you can buy them from Cassie Chappell, who is the person doing the demo w/ Martha and sort of makes them like all the time.

I made one tonight and it was a little harder than it looks, but it could be b/c I was using a pipe cleaner and some masking tape in place of the florist wire and florist tape, neither of which I had on hand. But my rose turned out ok...maybe once I watercolor it it will be prettier.


3. Cute Kitty Pic!!I now have a pic of Pete b/c I made sure to take some on the dispos-y camera (which was of Warren's birthday last week, but he doesn't like having his picture up all over, so I'm not posting them...) Here's our orange guy...
So cute! He's on Warren's backpack...so studious.

4. Here's ya a yummie new snack to try...it was Warren's idea.

Chunk up some strawberries, don't slice them super thin, just cut into bite-sized pieces. Then instead of sugar, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top! Add more than you think...b/c when you stir it up it gets distributed all over the strawberry chunks.

I know it sounds weird, I thought the same, but try it! (It was a green eggs & ham moment.)

No comments: