Thursday, July 19, 2007

My 'Married' Hair...

Well I did it. I went and got a hair cut. Maybe not so traumatic for those of you who just go to whoever and wherever you can. But for me...traumatic!

I've been seeing the same hair lady since HIGH SCHOOL!! Luv you Gwen! Which is big b/c high school is now like almost 10 YEARS ago. omg. so old feeling moment....

K, now that that's past...I don't like trying new people because a)they could f* up your hair, b) your have to start your whole life story over again, c) you have to learn their whole story, and d) they could f* up your hair. Obviously a & d are the biggest reasons for the paranoia about going to a new stylist.

Anyway, if you hadn't seen me lately my hair had gotten long...hello! wedding! needed plenty of my superfinethin hair to do some kind of style with!

So down here were it is perpetually 70%+ humidity, a daily 40% chance of rain (whether it rains or not is trivial), and temps hovering around 90ish, it was time for a freakin' haircut! long hair! so hot! and not in the "I'm hott" kind of way!

*Notice how the nice lettering is on the picture where it is rather legible. Yes I upgraded photoshop. Ok, so maybe my font on it could be a tad larger. Hard to tell when I'm working in the window, will have to play more.

So, I go get my hair cut by a very nice lady named Angela, who has a two year old daugter and grew up down here and graduated from La Marque where I hope to soon be gainfully employed. She did a decent job for $16...like the cheapest haircut I've had in years!!! Sooo not as cool as Gwen....no shampoo (although she did ask) and a semi-dry cut?!?!! *sigh* with no styling afterwards. Oh, well ya get what ya pay for I guess.

The whole point of my rambling thus far is that Warren has apprently not seen my hair this short before (not that it's really that chopped...it's still a tad past my shoulders) but he liked it and said so, and then he says, "Now you have married hair."

Excuse me? MARRIED hair?!?!?!?!? What exactly is Married Hair?! Why is short hair equated to marriage? Because we new wives suddenly have less time for our sexy long single girl hair? Trust me I have to fix it more when it's short!


--------------------------------------------->
The 'married' hair....which is now on it's way back to a nice medium un-wifely length. Sorry for the ghetto photo...


So tell me...Is your hair married? :D

3 comments:

kch said...

I think W equates "married" hair with sophisticated...you know, as in doctor's wife! Sleek, sexy, sophisticated....not, omygosh-I-don't-have-time-to-fix-my-hair-now-that-I'm-married :)

Natalie Weaver said...

I like the new MARRIED hair!! Super cute! I guess I've got married hair now too... chopped mine off, but not married... not even dating... hmmmmm, I guess I have single-but-would-love-to-date/maybe-get-married-someday hair. My Kar-- you're beautiful with short hair, long hair, and everything in between.

laura said...

I know exactly what you mean about being scared to have someone new cut your hair. I felt the same way when I moved to Kentucky. I gave this girl a try and she did great, then the second time... Yikes. I wanted to get some carmel highlights and the thing I stressed to her was that I didn't want to look striped. Well, I am striped. HJ says I'm a blonde now---lots of stripes. I am trying to get used to it, but I surprise myself everytime I look in a mirror.