Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Salt water Rain?

Ok, so my mother swears by the power of salt water...but geez, even the RAIN is salty down here.

As if the ocean wasn't close enough...I run into Walgreens to pick-up b-day pictures (remember digi-camera is fritzing? bought cheap disposi for the b-day pics...) and it was slightly misty outside. When I came out, it was raining and I distinctly tasted salt in the rain...'course this could be b/c the ocean was RIGHT THERE (Walgreens on the East End is on Seawall Blvd.) so close I could have ran across the street and jumped in.

Nice thought, but I didn't.

I guess since the water cycle is so short down here being as we are like right by the ocean, that the clouds don't have time to get un-salty.

And how do clouds get un-salty anyways?

1 comment:

kch said...

HA!! I think since Jake had a good dip in the ocean that his mosquito-bitten legs are looking much better. Of course, that only applies to the bites he had BEFORE we went down, not the ones since.