Monday, July 16, 2007

Introductions all around...

Hi ya'll! Welcome to my blog! Let's be honest...right from the beginning...I've never been much of a journal keeper. Oh, I tried in jr. high/high school and wrote from time to time random entries throughout college but it's never really stuck. However, I am now more determined. And rather inspired.

Anywho--on to more positive writings! I should introduce myself: Hi, my name is Kari Worsham, I am addicted to books, reading (hence the book addiction), altered art, ATCs/ACEOs, scrapbooking, movies, Tivo, Wii (and I'm so not a gamer, but the Wii is awesome!), antiques, paper, candles, knitting? (it's a new hobby I'm trying) and my new hammock (So Comfy! Thanks Mom!). Normally I would be employed as an elementary teacher, but seeing as how I just moved down here I'm job hunting. Also, I should mention I've been married once before, but he died in a rather sad & tragical accident, but we'll talk about that some other time. Just lettin ya know in case I make mention of the fact somewhere.

My dog and I married a great, wonderful, nice, interesting, & funny guy named Warren, who is down here attending medical school at
UTMB. He is originally from Allen, TX a part of the
Dallas suburbia area (oh yeah! I was born in TX but raised in OK so I lay claim to both states). He's just begun his 2nd year of med school. So busy! & interesting! He saw his 1st real patient today in the cardio unit all on his own and got called Dr.! Yay Warren!

Here is a pic of us...taken by my best friend's sister last fall. Check her out! It's an engagement pic taken at the Dallas Arboretum. Way cool place with some GORgeous flowers. We had fun that day.

H.R.D. (Her Royal Dogness) Princess Grace...I suck at the captioning...must get full version of Jasc Paint Shop. It reads, "Won't somebody play with me? How can you resist this face?"
Grace and I have been together since 2003...since the 'tragedy'. Thank God for my dog...she's what kept me going and gave me something to do to keep my mind occupied. Dog Therapy for sure.
Anyway, she fully speaks english, of course, and is not truly happy until her full pack is in town (a.k.a. the rest of my family - mom, cousins, aunts, grandma, etc.). She loves company! And she graciously accepted Warren into the pack. Although I think there was some bribery on the sly...

Warren has 3 fish...unfortuantely my camera cord decided to STOP WORKING. Great. Which means that I can't take pic's until the slooow people at Fujifilm fix it...and I refuse to buy more rechargeable batteries...So...fish pic's sometime in the future.

Also, our newest member to the family is named Pete. He is small, orange, furry, and feline! We rescued Pete at the
Humane Society...he was only 2 mo's old! So cute! So small! So orange! [Imagine cute, small, orange kitty picture here].
So, after some adjusting he and Grace get along famously now. We've even progressed to occasionally throwing ourselves under the dog and wrapping around the nearest paw, only to run off as fast as he can soon after.

Ok, guess that does it for the intro's. Hi ya'll!

2 comments:

kch said...

You're turning in to the blog queen! lol

Natalie Weaver said...

I adore that you write just like you talk, so it's like we're sitting around chatting when I read your blog. Awwwww, makes me miss you lots and lots and lots and lots....